In search of inspiration? Look no further. In today's article, we're going to list 50 priceless video marketing tips straight from the mouths of the experts.
1. "Focus on the first 10 seconds"
2. "Bite-sized video will be one of the biggest trends in 2016"
3. "Ultimately [video length] depends on how you're planning to use your video"
4. "After one minute, 45% of viewers have stopped watching"
5. "The ideal video ad on YouTube should be 15 seconds but such a video still risks missing the mark with the viewer"
6. "The most popular videos are pretty short"
7. "The less you say, the more likely people are to remember"
8. "Viewer retention tends to drop off around the 90 second to two minute mark"
9. "To get your audience's attention you need to avoid making your video too long"
10. "Short and sweet is a safe strategy. Assume that your viewers are busy"
11. "Know your value proposition"
12. "Make your videos personal"
13. "Optimize your video for SEO"
14. "Speak to your audience"
15. "It's important that your video content is optimised for tablets, laptops, and smartphones"
16. "Think about using video as the hook rather the manual"
17. "Make sure your call-to-action is straightforward and clear"
18. "Plan your goals before pressing record"
19. "Focus your efforts above the fold"
20. "No matter what type of video you create, be sure to share it on as many platforms as possible"
Choosing a Video Style
21. "Live footage of customers talking about and showing off your service can be very compelling"
22. "Organising a webinar is a great way for an audience to really get to know the face behind the brand"
23. "The human touch that a whiteboard animation provides is one to which most people are inclined to respond very positively"
24. "It's also important to note that, once you choose an actor for your video, they could become the face of your brand"
25. "Your audience wants to see what you can offer, and stop-motion animation gives brands the flexibility to do just that"
26. "Stop motion works with all different subjects--people, cars, umbrellas... anything that can move is fair game"
27. "Live action videos are especially useful for tangible products"
28. "People are less likely to turn off your video if you have an engaging animated character promoting your product"
29. "You may think that animation isn't "serious" enough for some uses, but animation makes a complex or difficult topic more accessible and interesting, and less intimidating"
30. "People connect emotionally with animated illustrations because they transport us back to our childhood"
Posting Your Video
31. "Every successful YouTube campaign has 3 components: attract, retain, and monetize"
32. "Every video platform is unique and requires different storytelling techniques"
33. "Don't limit yourself to YouTube"
34. "Don't get hung up on views"
35. "The most engaged videos on YouTube are nearly 10x longer than the most engaged videos uploaded to Facebook"
36. "Over the past six months, the amount of time users have spent watching Instagram videos has increased by 40%"
37. "Include the keyword of your video in the url, meta description, and page heading"
38. "When it comes to finding the right platform to promote your video, Facebook is a strong contender"
39. "Don't just post your video on one site and leave it. Promote it whenever and wherever you can"
40. "Choose a hosting site with great analytics features and make good use of them"
41. "Tell a story!"
42. "Use emotions to connect with your audience"
43. "Make it surprising and delightful"
44. "Lovable characters will make your audience connect with your brand on a deeper emotional level"
45. "Email is a quick way to get your video in front of a lot of people all at once"
46. "If you want to drive people to your site from the video use a Call to Action"
47. "Make 3 versions of your marketing video. 1 for your website, 1 for social and 1 for email"
48. "YouTube users scroll quickly and an eye-catching thumbnail can be the difference in them choosing your video"
49. "Instead of droning on about technical nonsense, tell people how your product or service is going to make their lives better"
50. "The web is awash with video content - but it's still not perfect. There's still so much low-quality, poorly-conceived content out there. If your content is going to stand out, it needs to be exceptional - beautiful design, on-point storytelling and a clear focus on getting to the point!"
The world of video marketing can be a daunting place, so sometimes it helps to get advice from the experts. Hopefully this article was useful for you, and, if you want to speak to an expert in more detail, click here to talk to someone at Wyzowl.